Below you will find our current vacancies. If you have any questions about a vacancy or working at Lok Seva Sangam, please contact us or read more about us and our work.
Position: Coordinator of Family Development Program
Start date: as soon as possible
Project area: Bhiwandi, gayatri nagar (slum area)
Hiring organisation: Lok Seva Sangam (LSS) NGO
The Family Development Program (FDP) supports the most vulnerable families living in slums, through psychosocial counselling during Home Visits. We inform the beneficiaries and raise awareness on basic socio-economic topics such as education, health, legal documents, psychosocial issues, employment/improving one’s income, etc… We support the family members to build their self-confidence and we refer them to the relevant local public services (or private or NGO services) based on their needs, so they can improve their socio-economic conditions. Additionally, FDP teams also conduct Awareness Meetings in order to provide group sensitization and discussion opportunities for the families living in slums. Each FDP team also run a Guidance Centre, open to all members of the local communities, that provides case-by-case information and referrals.
Each Family Development Program (FDP) team is made of with Social Workers, In-Charges and one Coordinator. The Coordinator should be comfortable doing field work support, coordination work, reporting work and admin and finance management work.
Main responsibilities of the Coordinator:
– Team Management of one In-charge, four Social Workers, one database encoder cum accountant:
🡪 Preparing monthly plannings and ensuring target achievements (Home Visits, Awarness Meetings within the community, etc …)
🡪 Training Social workers (listening skills, counseling skills, empathy, basic knowledge on health, gender, etc…)
🡪 Technical support to social workers during Home Visits to beneficiaries, as well as during feedback sessions and Team Meetings.
– Networking with local services (public / private / NGOs):
🡪 To increase referral opportunities for beneficiary families
🡪 To find resource persons to conduct team trainings and community awareness meetings.
– Admin & finance management:
🡪 Liaise with Head Office on all Admin and finance topics
🡪 Prepare and follow-up yearly and monthly budgets
🡪 Manage monthly accounts preparation and follow-up
🡪 Manage petty cash
– Reporting: yearly, quarterly and monthly target achievement review, monthly quantitative report through database (MS Office Access), write quarterly narrative reports in English, write in English any other activity report required by HO or IADI
– Coordination with the Head office (“Lok Seva Sangam” NGO, main office in Chembur, Mumbai) and perfom any other task required by HO.
– Coordination with funding & technical support agency called InterAide Development India (IADI): receive regular field visits, participate in monthly Coordinators Meetings, participate in methodology / guidelines updates, attend suggested trainings, and liaise with IADI Managers on a very regular basis on operations and technical support required.
Professional experience in Social Work or Health or related domain
Professional experience in team management
Professional experience in Field work
Language requirements: Hindi, Marathi and English
Other major requirements:
Strong motivation to work with vulnerable families living in slums
Strong motivation to work on field
Readiness to travel regularly within Bhiwandi and Mumbai
Empathy skills and non-judgmental approach
Strong communication skills
Readiness and enthusiasm to learn new things
Ability to take initiatives
Ability to learn from mistakes
Good command of computer use: emails, MS Office Word and Excel, …